Macmillan Mobile Information Bus Tour
The Mobile Information and Support Service (MISS) tours the UK throughout the year, offering free, confidential information and support to people in their communities.
Anyone is welcome, whether they have a cancer diagnosis, are visiting on behalf of a friend or relative, or are worried about cancer in any way at all. We have a team of highly skilled Information Specialists who can help with a wide range of clinical, financial, emotional and practical aspects of living with and beyond cancer, including:
- Screening and what to look out for (i.e. signs and symptoms)
- Different cancers, their treatments and side effects
- How cancer affects your life, for example finances or employment
- Talking about your cancer or talking to someone with cancer
- Being there for someone with cancer, or support available locally
- Survivorship and recurrence
In order to reach as many communities as possible we offer a variety of information and support delivery methods including four information units and two indoor information pods which can be set up in a variety of locations, e.g. shopping centres, hospitals, libraries and exhibitions. Our team of Information Specialists also visit workplaces, markets, festivals and community groups offering Information and support and raise awareness of the ways in which Macmillan can support people affected by cancer.
Please take a look at our tour dates to see when a mobile centre will be near you, and if you have an enquiry about our upcoming visits please get in touch by emailing the team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 31 May Prospect Centre, prospect Street, Hull Hu2 8PP 9am-3pm
- Thursday 1 June Asda Bilton, Main Road, Bilton, HU11 4AL 9am - 3pm
- Friday 2 June, Asda Kingswood, Kingswood, Hull, HU7 3DA 9am -3pm
- Tuesday 11 July stand 308 Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG2 8NZ 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Wednesday 12 July stand 308 Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG2 8NZ 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Thursday 13 July stand 308 Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG2 8NZ 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Monday 17 July, King Street, Bridlington, YO15 2DQ, 10am- 4pm
- Tuesday 18 July, Market place, Beverley, HU17 8BB 10am – 4pm
- Wednesday 19th July , Driffield Show, The Showground, Kellythorpe, Driffield, YO25 9DN, 8:45- 6pm